This is one day late, since I fell asleep way too early last night! Yesterday was Veteran's Day and I am the proud wife of a United States Marine Corps veteran! My husband and all other Marines and soldiers deserve our debt of gratitude for fighting and defending our great country! In this day in age when most people complain about almost everything, Marines and soldiers are out in Iraq and other far-away places fighting for us so that we have the right to complain. We are a free country because of the men and women who have fought for our freedoms!! If you know a veteran, take the time to thank him or her for their service!! AW got a call from a friend last night who said, Thanks for what you have done for us! It was very sweet!! Although we are very fortunate that AW was never in the line of fire while on active duty, his sense of love and loyalty for this country, tells me he would have gone at a moment's notice if called up! That's what Marines are trained to do and they do it willingly, without complaining!! I love you, Allen Wade! I am so proud of you, Sergeant Avery!! Semper Fi!!
Summertime Sweets
5 days ago
1 comment:
It's so true what you say--in a world of increasing complaints, we have millions of soldiers who work so hard every day to give us the opportunity to express the simplist of opinions. And AW is, I'm quite sure, as proud of you as you are of him. :)
Post a Comment