Friday, August 22, 2008

The week in review

So, we've made it through our first week back to work and school, and we did okay! It started out rough because dropping off the boys on Monday was really tough!! I cried quite a bit and could hardly even tell AW how it went through the tears---Joshua cried so much when I left him that I felt like the worst mom in the world. Tuesday was no better--more crying, plus, I got a phone call before 10 am saying I needed to come and pick up Joshua due to a runny nose! Yep, a runny nose, no fever or other symptoms, but the policy is that a child is sent home with a continuous runny nose. Seems ridiculous to me since I sent the boys to school healthy and they are just getting re-exposed to day care germs. I picked up both boys and took them home and AW took the next train out of the city and met us at home. Then I had to rush back to work for teacher meetings. We kept the boys home on Wednesday and Thursday, not because they were sick, but they did have a cough and AW started to not feel well, and he actually got really sick on Thursday. Today was a good drop-off--Josh didn't cry quite as long and Jackson is starting to thrive in the pre-school program. He seems to like the independence that comes with the class. Tonight after dinner we played outside for a while and Jackson had to go potty, so he let himself in the house, said "Don't come with me" and then came back when he was done!

No comments: