Monday, June 1, 2009

Not me!!

It's Monday again!! Time to come clean about all the things we've done (or not done)! :)



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I did not take the boys to the drive-thru for Happy Meals last week so they could have their milk for lunch without me having to take all three into a store to buy just a gallon of milk! I would never do that! And I certainly did not order a milkshake for myself while we were there and then I did not complain about how many calories were in it!


I did not set up Jackson and Joshua with a snack downstairs (muffins and milk) and then head upstairs with Jonathan to feed him. I did not check FB while upstairs and get sucked in for a few minutes. Nope that wasn't me! I also did not go downstairs to find that there were lots of nibbles in the muffins that were still on the counter. And I certainly did not take a picture of those muffins and have a good laugh about it.


I did not get totally frustrated with Jackson because had a night-time accident (in our bed--he was there because he had a bad dream). This wasn't just one day after I did not get really mad at him for having a day-time accident. I did not immediately feel completely guilty about the way I reacted! (If anyone has ideas or suggestions with this potty training business, send them this way. Our almost 4-year-old has been potty-trained for about a year, but there are occasional accidents because he won't stop playing in time to get to the bathroom.)

7 comments:

Amy said...

I did not take the kids to McDonalds for dinner on Friday because I was too lazy to cook anything and was annoyed that my hubby had to work the late shift...nope, not me. I also did not get frustrated with Layna because I can't understand her a lot and then she gets frustrated and cries. Nope, not me.

Also, about the potty training thing...I also used to get so frustrated with Brayden. He, too, would not stop playing to go. My solution was to just send him at routine times during the day. I am happy to report now that he does stop his play to go and we are doing much better. This milestone just recently occurred...maybe a couple weeks or so. He does still have the occasional night time accident.

~Melissa~ said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I also NEVER checked the computer while I was nursing. Never. :)

Valerie said...

I think so much of the potty training success is based on individual maturation and while certain habits and routines (such as making sure he goes every 2-hours or at specific times such as breakfast/snack/lunch, etc.) help, in the end it is very individualistic when it comes to mastering the art!

Happy Not Me Monday...I never go to McDonalds when we have no food in the house just to avoid the grocery store!

Das Mutter said...

I do not see anything here that's bad! I don't think I can do this list or I'd never be able to stop! LOL

Night time accidents seem to happen more for us when Henry has had an incredibly active day and is way over tired. Last night, for example! Next time he crawls in bed after a dream, have him go potty first. We make Henry now b/c he tends to hav accidents if his sleep is disturbed. Good luck!

Jenilee said...

the muffin thing made me laugh... the picture is adorable. :)

wife.mom.nurse said...

I love that way to get milk without getting out of the car.

And the muffins...LOL!

Your blog is so similar to mine, yet so different. Wondering how you got it looking so awesome.

Love you picture at the top.

~Julie

renee said...

thanks for the prayers. it's getting a little better! your post cracked me up! nice to meet you!