Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Stressful visit to the doctor's office

Monday afternoon was a very stressful visit to the doctor's office. I picked up the boys from school and we three were off to our appointments! Doctor's rooms are pretty small, but imagine a stroller (easier to corrall Joshua that way), Mom, Jackson, Joshua, and our doctor!! Tight quarters!! My appointment was supposed to be quick--just listen for the baby's heartbeat. As soon as the doctor put the jelly on my tummy, Joshua started screaming, and then Jackson became upset to see his brother so upset (Jackson is super sweet that way and doesn't like it when Josh is upset!). The doctor had a really hard time finding a heartbeat, and after about 10 minutes we gave up. Josh was on and off again upset, so I was holding him while the doctor is trying to find the baby's heartbeat. We were looking and sounding like a three-man circus!! Even during the quiet times, we could never hear a heartbeat. Then when it came for Joshua to get checked out, he was so scared of our doctor, that the screaming continued. Then of course, he had to get his vaccines, so that caused more tears!! I was ready to go home! My doctor gave me orders to come back in two weeks so she could check for the heartbeat again. Well, after stressing out all night and worrying that something had gone majorly wrong, I called back in the morning and they made an appointment for an ultrasound at the hospital that afternoon. The ultrasound was amazing!! Although, we couldn't hear the heartbeat the day before, we could see a strong heart beating and two arms moving and two tiny little legs kicking!! It was amazing and of course I was in tears. I was so relieved and so happy!! At 11 1/2 weeks, the baby is only about 2 1/2 inches long and to see such clearly defined arms, legs, and body was amazing!!! God is so amazing and these babies are made in His image--just tiny!! Speaking of baby, Jackson is convinced that he is going to get a little sister--every time we ask him, it's a sister! We'll see if he's right!

No comments: