Saturday, April 7, 2012

Cabinets, cabinets!

We've only lived in this house for a year and a half, so projects and updates are still going on.  This house is perfect for us, but cosmetically needed some work.  The biggest thing that I wanted to change were cabinets (they're all oak!) and the trim.  I want white trim throughout, which will not be easy to change.  The cabinets have been our project since January.  We have done the kitchen, the downstairs bathroom, and now our master bathroom is a soothing grey color.  I love it!  Our kitchen was less than $100 to update!  Two panels of beadboard for the island, one gallon of paint, and some sanding supplies, that's all I needed for this project!  I really love the way it looks!!  (And I'm pretty proud of my work, since this was my project and my hubby did very little!) 
The island, with beadboard on the side--all the other cabinets are still the orangey oak color. 
The finished kitchen!  Love how the white cabinets make the granite countertops and appliances stand out!
The bathroom cabinet door, before we painted.  This orange oak color is everywhere in our house.  (hopefully not for too much longer!)
I painted the bathroom vanity a dark gray color that I absolutely love!! 

No comments: