Sunday, July 5, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. It's my wonderful, free therapy, admitting to all my imperfections as a mom!

I did not eat cake for breakfast on Sunday morning. Nope! I am always the healthiest eater when I'm nursing. I also did not get caught by my almost 4-year-old and then did not give him a piece as well! Nope! My kids always eat the best breakfasts!!

I did not take some of our trash to the apartment building down the street when our bags got too full because I did not want to use a second sticker! Nope, that wasn't me! I'm definitely not too cheap to use two stickers on trash day!!

I did not close the car door on my finger when I was out shopping with Jonathan. I did not start crying right there in the middle of the Target parking lot! Nope! I am totally brave when it comes to minor injuries!

I did not call my husband on Thursday to tell him none of the boys napped and I was feeling totally overwhelmed! He did not hear the stress in my voice and come home on the next train! (He is not the world's best husband!!! :)

I did not just wipe off toilets and clean the kitchen counters and call the house ready for family to come over for the 4th of July! I always have time for a thorough cleaning before we have guests! Yep, always!!

I did not realize this afternoon that it has been several, several weeks since we've been to church. I totally do not feel overwhelmed taking my three boys to church and realize it's so much easier to have family time at home instead! Nope, not me! As a pastor's kid, I know the importance of being in church every week!

I did not wake my sleeping guys to take them to fireworks this year. That wasn't me, I know how important sleep is for them not to be grouchy the next day. (They did not totally love the fireworks!!)

That's all I'm admitting to this week! What was your week like??

4 comments:

TheAtticGirl said...

Aw, what a sweet hubby you have! Sorry to hear about your finger. That had to hurt; I'd probably cry in the Target parking lot too!

http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2009/07/not-me-monday-4th-of-july-fireworks.html

Blessed Chick said...

I would so cry too if I slammed my finger in the door! Your boys are too adorable!

Foursons said...

Stickers on the trash? And taking a train home? Where do you live? You obviously are not in the deep south where I am!

Jen said...

I am so happy to see that I am not the only one who barely cleaned for our guests on the 4th! My Husband told me to just clean after because he knew I'd be mad if I cleaned before and everyone made a mess...he was right!

Hope your finger is feeling better!