Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Superman?? No, it's SuperMOM!

Okay, so I had pretty much resolved myself to the fact that I was going to be housebound for months with my three little guys! The first week we did stay in a lot, with just going outside to play a few times. This week I wanted to try getting out, just to see if I could manage. I love Caribou Coffee (not any coffee, just the hot cocoa and coolers), so we decided to go there and have some mid-afternoon treats! The boys love the hot cocoa with a half-shot of raspberry--Jackson calls it pink coffee! So, I bundled up the boys, got them loaded in the car (not an easy thing to manage with three!!) and we were off! Now, we just went to the drive-thru, so we didn't have to get out and back in the car because I don't think we're ready for that, but still, it counts!! We got out of the house, we went somewhere together, and we didn't have any meltdowns in the process! Success!! Next, we'll tackle going somewhere that involves getting out of the car--maybe in a few weeks. I am convinced that the world is made for families with two kids or fewer, and the thought of having to figure out how to get three kids in a shopping cart and still have room for groceries is just too much for me right now! We'll get there eventually!

2 comments:

Das Mutter said...

You are doing an awesome job! I always think that about the two kids, too, when we talk about another. Then, being Catholic, I go to church and watch families with 5 or more (like my own and Max's) and think, "That mom seems to be doing okay...why can't I have one more, too?" I think you are handling your 3 boys with wonderful grace.

Amy said...

I have mentioned it before, but I was scared to death to leave the house with both kiddos when Layna came home, and that was only two children. I made my first few trips out to places that I knew there would be someone to help me...such as playdates at someone's house. The kids were entertained, we were out of the house and I got some adult interaction.