Saturday, September 6, 2008

Terrible Terrors...or something like that

When Jackson was younger, he used to get night terrors. He would cry in his sleep for maybe 10 minutes or so, and then fall back asleep. He would act like he was awake, but he was completely asleep the whole time. Well, for the past two months or so, Joshua has started getting night terrors, but his are SOOO much worse. We had one a few weeks ago that last about 45 minutes. No one seems to know what causes night terrors--we have heard being overtired, too much sugar. We don't know what do to at times. Last night, Joshua started crying and having a night terror. He flails around in his crib and cries and tries to tell us something, but it doesn't make any sense. It's so scary. Last night I was convinced that Joshua has something more than just night terrors, so I just started sobbing by his crib. Jackson heard me, woke up and just said, "Mama, don't be sad. It's okay!" Of course that made me cry even more--I had to leave the room! I just don't know what to do with these night terrors! Please pray that Joshua will outgrow them soon!! And that we will be able to comfort him and take care of him during these terrors.

No comments: