So, I turned 30 a few days ago and today we were going to celebrate with a birthday brunch. Before we decided on a brunch, we had gone back and forth trying to decide if we would do anything at all, something small, a big shindig, whatever. With Jonathan being only two months we didn't want to do too much and get too stressed out. Well, we finally decided on a brunch and I was really excited about it! Last night, after doing all the prep for this morning, we climbed into bed around midnight and I was almost giddy with excitement! We have done birthday celebrations before, but this was the first in quite a few years that it was going to be just for me. I know it might sound selfish, but I was looking forward to celebrating being 30 in style! :) Anyway, this morning at 5:30 Jackson woke up not feeling well and had a fever of 100.4. At 7am we started calling everyone to tell them we had to cancel. I could only get through the first two phone calls because I started getting teary-eyed and my voice started to crack. I was so sad and disappointed! I feel bad that Jackson is not feeling well, of course, but I wanted to have this celebration today! I wanted to see our family and friends, I wanted to celebrate a milestone birthday, I wanted to enjoy all the food and decorations that are downstairs. Speaking of food, we have tons of it!! 60 cupcakes, big and small ones, brownies, cookies, fruit, chicken salad, and other finger sandwiches, chips and roasted red pepper dip, drinks, and other stuff that isn't cooked up, like meatballs and tiny quiches we were going to prepare in the morning! The house is clean and decorated, which is great, but how are we going to eat all this food!! I took some pictures of the party that never was! I'm okay about it now, taking care of kids when they're sick is a mommy's number one priority! There will be other birthday celebrations! Enjoy the pics and say a quick prayer that Jackson recovers quickly and that the whiney behavior is short-lived!
Our J-man cuddled up under his blanket watching Wall-E, his favorite movie!!

Only a fraction of the cupcakes we have, red velvet and chocolate with homemade frosting!! YUM!!

Fudge brownines cut up into heart shapes--it is Valentine's Day today

My own version of a fruit bouquet--tastes better than it looks!!

Smoked salmon finger sandwiches, which I absolutely love!

Cucumber and dill finger sandwiches

Chicken salad with grapes and walnuts --so good!!!

The beautiful flower arrangement my fabulous husband sent to me on my birthday! The lilies are just beginning to open and they are so beautiful!

No comments:
Post a Comment