Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Diaper bags and hearing tests

Jonathan is a week old today! It's gone by rather quickly and, while we'd love to say rather smoothly, it's been a time of transition for all of us, and those times are never easy. Things are getting better and hopefully the tantrums will end and life will just become "normal" (if there is such a thing with three boys). We could always use more sleep, but that will probably be true for the next several years! Today is Jonathan's one-week check up so we'll see how much he weighs and if he's back up to birth weight, or close to it.

Monday we have a hearing exam for Jonathan. He didn't pass the initial newborn hearing screening test they did in the hospital, so we have to go see a specialist. Jonathan's left ear is just fine--it's just the right ear that needs to be rechecked. The nurses at the hospital said that most of the time the reason newborns don't pass is that there is still "gunk" in the ear from delivery and that at the re-screen, it has usually cleared itself out and everything turns out just fine! That's what we're praying for!!

On a totally different note...I am on a hunt for a cute and roomy diaper bag. It's got to have enough room for three kids' worth of stuff and also enough pockets for sippies and bottles, etc. I know there are enough mommies out there so I am hoping to get some cute recommendations! Please send me your suggestions!! The bag we currently have just isn't big enough for three kids!!


2 comments:

Das Mutter said...

Keep us posted on his ears...I'm sure it's fine. When Henry was born they thought his spine looked strange and had him tested for Spinabifida! Totally freaked me out, but all it was was a super squishy tushy. We want to do something for your family, just haven't yet. :) Diaper bags...maybe try OneStepAhead.com?

Amy said...

Cute pics! Your boys are just too adorable. I wish I had a suggestion on diaper bags, but we have been down-sizing ours.

Keep us posted on Jonathan's hears...I am sure everything will be fine.

we would love to cook you dinner...what kinds of things do you and the boys like?